Tuesday, December 28, 2010
I hope everyone had a wonderful & joyful Christmas with their families and loved one. My Christmas was pretty fabulous. I wanted to share one final goodie I got from a client of mine who has become a really good friend. We were out shopping one day and I commented on the item and said how cute it was so she went back to the store and to my surprise got it for me! How sweet! Thank You Keisha! It's perfect for when I need something to transport a smaller amount of makeup and it's super cute! I can't wait to use it! It comes with 3 pieces which you can use together or separately. Thanks again Keisha! Love you girl ;)
Thursday, December 23, 2010
The lovely young lady who singled me out for this award is Christina Marie. Please visit her blog
Christina Marie says.... She has a fun, vibrant blog filled with great makeup, fashion and all things beauty. One of the things I also love about her blogging is she has a great sense of humor! That is so important to me. The more we laugh, the more we live... words I live by. And mostly importantly (to me) she is an absolute sweetheart! I always catch her posts! Check her out ;)
The way this goes is... once someone gives you this award you link back to their blog and thank them (check!) and share with your followers and everyone seven things about you they perhaps wouldn't know otherwise.
1. The answer to one of the most asked questions about me is... Yes. I am indeed a makeup artist.
No I am not on the level of doing television & movies...yet! But I have done a few music videos
(thats actually how I started) and lately I've been doing quite a bit of fashion shows, weddings and private clients (for whatever various events they're attending). This past summer I even did a bunch of girls for prom (that! was interesting). I do have an agent of sorts, but I am for the most part free lance.. I have all kinds of clients, all the ladies at the law firm I worked at this year have become my clients. It took a while for me to make makeup my primary focus, I'd always done it here and there.. it is not what I went to school for. But I have found my calling and quite frankly... there is no turning back!
2. I am not one of those makeup artists who has something to say when/if I see someone wearing bad makeup. I don't even give the shady eye. It's not my place to critique people. So many people say to me once I've taught them certain things "Why didn't you tell me?!" Because it's not my place and in my opinion it's not nice.
3. My biggest pet peeves in life are phony people and people who don't stand behind things they say. I respect someone more if they just speak the truth... even if I don't like it, or don't agree with it, or could never see it their way. This is what makes us individuals and unique. And people say they're gonna do this or that.. and make promises they know they can't keep. Urgh!!! You know these people that even as they're saying it you know it's bullshit! Double Urgh! LOL
4. I am a total softy at heart. I have this tough exterior that I know consciously is a shield. But I'm a big sweetheart deep inside. And I'm a sucker for a sob story. Wait! Why am I telling you this?!?!
5. I absolutely love amusement parks. I hate the beach... I know, I know (catch your breath) my Mom doesn't like them either.. what is that they say about apples not falling far from the tree lol!
But amusement parks... OMG I become a kid all over again. And it's not just the rides.. it's the whole experience. I can easily go in the morning and stay till dark. It's my favorite thing to do in the summer.
6. Here's something very, very few know about me. Aside from my obvious addiction to buying makeup I have a HUGE sock fetish! Nearly every time I buy makeup I buy socks. But interesting socks. Plain white socks:boring! I like all patterns, textures, colors... the most I have spent on a single pair is $38. Calvin Klein used to be my fav (I had every style he came out with!) I also like more affordable ones too Forever 21 & Express has cute ones! Btw: I also love fishnets!
7. I am what people call a foodie. I'm quite a good cook (so many tell me) and I love to eat! I love to try all all different kinds of foods.. I absolutely love ethnic foods. One of the great benefits of living in NYC is all the diversity in the choices of restaurants. But! there are two foods I cannot eat. The very thought of either one of them grosses me out beyond belief... Okra & Bananas. Uh oh I'm kinda feeling queasy even typing about it lol Okra is so slimy..and Bananas...urgh the smell, the texture... if I eat anything with banana even in it I get nauseous. SO if your my friend, don't ever put one of these two things near me! lol
*Bouns* 8. I like to think I'm pretty fearless. And I am! But there are a few things that scare me...
Reptiles! Eeeek! especially snakes... they're so slimy & seemingly sneaky. I can't do snakes, or any reptiles for that matter! And large cats.. Lions,Tigers, Jaguars oh my! Keep in mind people I LOVE animals.. I even worked at the ASPCA for 6 years, but only a fool would mess with a wild cat. That is SCARY! LOL There is nothing you can do if they decide you are that moments meal... oooo I know one... don't go near them! :-D
That's all folks.. Thank You Christina! Happy Holidays Everyone! xoxo
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Legend. Grammy winning Singer. Academy Award winning Actress. Style & Beauty Icon. One of the coolest, realest most fabulous women in entertainment ever!
From her beginning as half of Sonny & Cher to transforming the Sonny & Cher Show to The Cher Show to her topping the charts with hit after hit in the 80's and winning an Oscar to her reemergence in the 90's with the smash Believe and winning a Grammy for that to a world tour and farewell tour that broke records (which thankfully I saw!) and as of late taking Las Vegas by storm and returning to the silver screen finally in Burlesque... she has been every inch the Superstar yet the kind of chick that would tell you to go fuck yourself. Tell me... how can you not love Cher? She is a fucking force of nature!!!!! Today at 64 she looks better than ever... I hope I can look even half that good at 46!!! There is no one like her. She is the real deal.
|MAKEUP by Legend KEVYN AUCION|
Monday, December 13, 2010
A pair of lashes by E.L.F. ($1). A double sided wand from E.L.F. on clear mascara the other for eyebrows($1). I bought it for the clear mascara. Then I got another of the Eyeliner & Shadow Stick from E.L.F. ($3) I bought it in green & loved it. I really love it in the Smoke (shadow) & Black (liner). I did a smoky eye over the weekend with it:amazing! It's great as an eye base too! They have one more color I believe. E.L.F. please make this in other colors! :-)
Then I got a Sonia Kashuk Fluffy Brush ($4.99) Sorry it's kind of hidden by the Eyeliner & Shadow, but everyone knows what a fluffy brush looks like right? Good. I didn't want to take the pic again! lol
From Bath & Body Works I got this bath gel from their Summer Vanillas line in Coconut ($10.50)
OMG! This is Delish! The fragrance of it is divine & after you shower or bathe it leaves your skin feeling like butter! I am in love. Then after bathing you apply some of their Intense Moisture Body Butter ($15.00). I got it in Warm Vanilla Sugar. I have really dry skin and since I've been using their body butter (for almost 5 yrs now) my skin is so hydrated and soft for the entire day. I can't live without it. And finally I got their Body Mist in Warm Vanilla Sugar ($12.50). I love a fragrance and these body mists offer a nice array of choices and they're not too strong. I save my more concentrated fragrance for going out at night. I got loads more from this store but they're gifts so I can't post them. The very people they are for read my blog... yes I see you! lol :-)
Happy Holidays Lovlies! Brittany xoxo
Friday, December 10, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
I got two makeup bags larger one with the deep pink background smaller one white background.
Also got the Moisturizing Lotion (tube), Youth Surge w/ SPF 15 (in jar), Lash Doubling Mascara in Black, Lipstick in Angelic, Eyeshadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge (a gorgeous frosted pink & frosted brown). Then in front a double sided Rollerball fragrance by Michael Kors: one side Michael Kors Eau De Parfum, other side Very Hollywood Michael Kors Eau De Parfum.
I love Clinique skin products! I haven't used them in a while, the Moisturizing Lotion was a staple of mine. It was the first I ever used... I'm now reminded how great it is. And.. I LOVE Michael Kors scents. I just love the holiday season... don't you? ;-) xoxo
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
This is my first holiday look of which there will be four. Every week this month I'll be doing a look thats good for all the holiday parties of the season. This first one is a pink smoky eye with a striking lip. I keep getting requests to show the use of E.L.F. eye shadows. The eyes are entirely done with the E.L.F. 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection Palette.
Other products after the jump...