Thursday, December 23, 2010
My First Blog Award: The Versatile Blogger!!!
The lovely young lady who singled me out for this award is Christina Marie. Please visit her blog
Christina Marie says.... She has a fun, vibrant blog filled with great makeup, fashion and all things beauty. One of the things I also love about her blogging is she has a great sense of humor! That is so important to me. The more we laugh, the more we live... words I live by. And mostly importantly (to me) she is an absolute sweetheart! I always catch her posts! Check her out ;)
The way this goes is... once someone gives you this award you link back to their blog and thank them (check!) and share with your followers and everyone seven things about you they perhaps wouldn't know otherwise.
1. The answer to one of the most asked questions about me is... Yes. I am indeed a makeup artist.
No I am not on the level of doing television & movies...yet! But I have done a few music videos
(thats actually how I started) and lately I've been doing quite a bit of fashion shows, weddings and private clients (for whatever various events they're attending). This past summer I even did a bunch of girls for prom (that! was interesting). I do have an agent of sorts, but I am for the most part free lance.. I have all kinds of clients, all the ladies at the law firm I worked at this year have become my clients. It took a while for me to make makeup my primary focus, I'd always done it here and there.. it is not what I went to school for. But I have found my calling and quite frankly... there is no turning back!
2. I am not one of those makeup artists who has something to say when/if I see someone wearing bad makeup. I don't even give the shady eye. It's not my place to critique people. So many people say to me once I've taught them certain things "Why didn't you tell me?!" Because it's not my place and in my opinion it's not nice.
3. My biggest pet peeves in life are phony people and people who don't stand behind things they say. I respect someone more if they just speak the truth... even if I don't like it, or don't agree with it, or could never see it their way. This is what makes us individuals and unique. And people say they're gonna do this or that.. and make promises they know they can't keep. Urgh!!! You know these people that even as they're saying it you know it's bullshit! Double Urgh! LOL
4. I am a total softy at heart. I have this tough exterior that I know consciously is a shield. But I'm a big sweetheart deep inside. And I'm a sucker for a sob story. Wait! Why am I telling you this?!?!
5. I absolutely love amusement parks. I hate the beach... I know, I know (catch your breath) my Mom doesn't like them either.. what is that they say about apples not falling far from the tree lol!
But amusement parks... OMG I become a kid all over again. And it's not just the rides.. it's the whole experience. I can easily go in the morning and stay till dark. It's my favorite thing to do in the summer.
6. Here's something very, very few know about me. Aside from my obvious addiction to buying makeup I have a HUGE sock fetish! Nearly every time I buy makeup I buy socks. But interesting socks. Plain white socks:boring! I like all patterns, textures, colors... the most I have spent on a single pair is $38. Calvin Klein used to be my fav (I had every style he came out with!) I also like more affordable ones too Forever 21 & Express has cute ones! Btw: I also love fishnets!
7. I am what people call a foodie. I'm quite a good cook (so many tell me) and I love to eat! I love to try all all different kinds of foods.. I absolutely love ethnic foods. One of the great benefits of living in NYC is all the diversity in the choices of restaurants. But! there are two foods I cannot eat. The very thought of either one of them grosses me out beyond belief... Okra & Bananas. Uh oh I'm kinda feeling queasy even typing about it lol Okra is so slimy..and Bananas...urgh the smell, the texture... if I eat anything with banana even in it I get nauseous. SO if your my friend, don't ever put one of these two things near me! lol
*Bouns* 8. I like to think I'm pretty fearless. And I am! But there are a few things that scare me...
Reptiles! Eeeek! especially snakes... they're so slimy & seemingly sneaky. I can't do snakes, or any reptiles for that matter! And large cats.. Lions,Tigers, Jaguars oh my! Keep in mind people I LOVE animals.. I even worked at the ASPCA for 6 years, but only a fool would mess with a wild cat. That is SCARY! LOL There is nothing you can do if they decide you are that moments meal... oooo I know one... don't go near them! :-D
That's all folks.. Thank You Christina! Happy Holidays Everyone! xoxo